Monday, May 6, 2013

California Colors


1

5

Dress: Forever 21
Sweater: Windsor
Shoes: Aldo
Lipstick: Aveda Cana

I really love living in California. I could spend years driving around and exploring just this state and be happy. I love how, even in the city, there’s fruit growing everywhere. I always want to pull over and steal it off trees when I’m driving home from work. And I love seeing the orangey-gold light and shadows falling over the rolling hills in the early evening. I’m glad my grandparents decided to move here in the ’40s and ’50s. My grandma told me when she first came to Los Angeles there were wildflowers growing everywhere and of course more citrus groves. I wish I could have seen this place before all the sprawl and smog, but…it’s still beautiful now anyway.

4 comments:

  1. You look so gorgeous in these bright colors! That's so cool that there are so many fruit trees where you live. I would be wanting to stop and steal fruit off of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly sounds beautiful! I wish I loved the place in which I live myself, it's such a nice feeling to feel at peace :) Lovely dress, too! I love that colour!


    Lots of love,
    Trish
    http://wingsforliberty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love this post! Orange is one of my favs, and I think it looks great on us haha... Was I with you when you bought that dress? I have a similar one.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...