Sunday, May 12, 2013

Stripey Skirt


1

3

Sweater: thrifted Theme
Skirt: Dorothy Perkins
Shoes: MIA from Nordstrom Rack
Lipstick: Aveda Cana

After missing out on a horizontal striped skirt I hesitated to buy on Etsy, I started searching everywhere for a similar one. It took a while, but I finally stumbled upon this Dorothy Perkins skirt by doing a Google search and I love it. I accidentally ordered the petite version and was kind of worried, but I think the length is fine even though I’m a little over 5’6”.

One problem, though: this skirt made me even more obsessed than I already was with finding a chambray shirt, too, because I think it would look really good with one. But boy is it hard to find a chambray shirt with no pockets on the boobs that doesn’t gap at the bust and is also affordable. I have one that I found at Goodwill, but I only wear it over a bathing suit to the beach because it totally gaps. So…instead of wearing that gappy chambray shirt in this outfit (which I tried to make work for about 15 minutes before giving up), I tried out this fluffy angora sweater that I also found at Goodwill. It reminds me of one I had in high school in the mid-’90s.

9

3 comments:

  1. simple but so pretty and damn cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thrifted a fluffy sweater like this too! A hair from it got in my eye the first time I wore it so I'm extra careful now. I love how yours looks with your striped skirt. Makes me wish I had a skirt like this!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...