Skirt: Forever 21
Sweater: thrifted, J. Crew
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
I’m so happy to have my hair short again! I love that I can do it in less than 10 minutes when it’s at this length. The interview I was supposed have today got rescheduled for Monday, so once I heard that, I changed out of my interview outfit (I was going to wear what I wore for my “Comedy Night” blog post) and into this. The Coach bag was a gift from my aunt, uncle and cousin when I finished my M.A. in English two years ago. It’s so light and comfortable to wear while walking around.
Since I worked on that freelance project recently, I had a little extra money to spend this week, and I used what was left over after paying for my haircut to, of course, shop today. When you do a small project while collecting unemployment and report it to the California EDD as “piecework,” they deduct 75% of the amount you earned from your unemployment benefits, but the remaining 25% is not deducted, so you end up with some extra cash. I was really nervous about filling out the form correctly, but everything worked out as it was supposed to!
I also just have to mention that this is without a doubt the warmest winter I have ever experienced in Southern California, and I’ve lived here my entire life. It really hasn’t been cold during the day here for about a month, and even then it wasn’t that cold. Usually we have a couple of hot weeks in February, but this is ridiculous.