Monday, October 8, 2012

Yes, Pleats


29Skirts8Oct2012Photo3

29Skirts8Oct2012Photo4

Sweater: thrifted Urban Outfitters
Skirt: J. Crew hand-me-down from my aunt
Bag: American Vintage
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Lipstick: Revlon Love That Red

When in doubt, I put on a pleated skirt. I wore pleated uniform skirts to school for eight years, and they’ve always felt easy and comfortable. I used to prefer uniform days to free dress days, actually...I didn’t exactly have cool regular clothes, but I loved mixing and matching the school uniform components (pullover sweater or cardigan?) with tights, my plain canvas shoes from Mervyn’s and Goody hair accessories. I still have some plastic dragonfly baby barrettes from the ’90s, but they won’t stay in my short hair.

I also remember getting scolded in a super embarrassing way when I was in 5th grade by the 2nd grade teacher for “playing” in chapel when I was just rolling up a satin ribbon that wouldn’t stay in my hair so I could put it in my pocket. Fun times. Hopefully that guy has learned to chill out.

29Skirts8Oct2012Photo6

4 comments:

  1. so lovely ... really, i love your style so much!

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that sweater -- and you thrifted it! -- nice work. Looks so great with that pleated skirt! :) Nice to "meet" you -- just found your blog! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good pleated skirt too. I want to break mine out soon now that the weather is a little cooler. Pleated skirts just seem to go with cool weather to me!
    I still have a ton of my old hair clips and stuff from the 90's too. I think my sister and I went through those little butterfly clips like crazy. Oh nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...