Monday, May 23, 2011

Sailor Heart


Dress worn as top: thrifted
Skirt: thrifted
Tights: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: thrifted vintage
Bag: Coach

The weather has been so blah and dreary the last couple of days. The only good thing about it is that I’ve had a reason to wear tights. I was feeling uninspired when I tried to put an outfit together today, but then I got excited at the prospect of trying out these bright red, heart-patterned tights that I bought about a month ago from the sale section at Urban Outfitters. Unfortunately I couldn’t get a good close-up shot of them. I kept trying, but every photo came out distorted. As soon as I get a full-time job, I’m buying a much better camera!


8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of styling an outfit entirely around something as simple or trivial as tights. Love how the outfit came out, too :D You're definitely channeling some Americana. But in a super classy, awesome way, of course. Those thrifted shoes are making me really jealous... tehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thighs are definitely worth the dreary weather!

    I especially like the shoes too, the seem to be just the perfect almond shape. What a great thrift find!

    A very lovely look.

    Virginie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather has been so bad here too! The weekend teased me with it's wonderful sunlight and warmth but come Monday, back to the rain. Boo!

    You sure did make the best out of the weather with this outfit though. I'm a sucker for anything sailor-esque! I adore these tights.

    xoxo mama wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMMMMMMMG. I love those tights! I never see any good tights when I am at UO. Sometime we'll have to plot an adventure out there and you can teach me your ways.

    Right? I guess it's May Grey, but it's been pretty cool and gross out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo cute! I love it when people make dresses into tops or skirts! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look lovely! i love anything with heart details, so i adore these tights! but even without them, the outfit would be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this top. it's adorable. really cute with the pleated skirt and red shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the tights with the shoes.!!!!!!!!!!

    love, polly :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...