Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Odd Ones Out


Top: Susina
Skirt: thrifted and shortened
Bag: Tignanello
Shoes: Jessica Simpson

You know how sometimes there are articles of clothing you hang onto because you love them even though you hardly ever wear them? I’m pretty disciplined about cleaning out my closet and letting belongings go in general, but I’ve been keeping this top and skirt for a long time without wearing them much at all. The top used to be a favorite, but now it doesn’t seem to fit as well into my wardrobe. And the skirt is comfortable and pretty cool, but I tend to avoid it because the print is so odd. I mean, I like it personally, but I kind of feel like a weirdo whenever I wear it to work.

Well, today I discovered that these two odd pieces look good together. I felt a little Southwestern, a little bit ’50s in this outfit, plus it was comfortable since the skirt is soft and lightweight. And it doesn’t wrinkle easily — a big plus for work. I think this outfit would also look nice with some vintagey espadrille shoes. I actually don’t own any and would love to find a cute pair of espadrille wedges for summer, preferably in white or cream like the ones Naturalizer has out right now. I have a pair of Naturalizer Mary Janes that I love and probably wear more than any other shoes I own (if you look at this blog regularly, you’ve seen them for sure), and I generally prefer heels that aren’t super high since I’m already a little over 5’6”.




5 comments:

  1. this skirt is one of my faves in your wardrobe.... it looks fab with this top.
    if you don't want this cute skirt anymore, please, please pass it down to me. ;)

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely don't think that skirt qualifies for weirdo status. I really like the patterns and colour. And I think this outfit would looks great with REAL espadrilles (i.e. the ones with the wrap around straps from here...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely look! I love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pink top is such a pretty color and looks great on you. I love the skirt with it too. I definitely don't think the print on it is too weird.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...