Thursday, April 7, 2011

Under Investigation


Top: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: thrifted, Express
Tights: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Target
Bag: thrifted

I had to get out of the apartment today, so I went to three Goodwill stores. I only bought four items, which is good, but my feet are so tired. When I got home, instead of finding the unemployment check that I need to pay bills, which was due to arrive today, I was greeted by a letter from the California EDD telling me that I have a phone interview scheduled for Monday to verify that I’m looking for work. It also says that my check won’t be sent until after that interview. NICE! It’s a good thing I’ve been keeping track of where I’ve applied for jobs. Still, of course I’m freaking out that the number of jobs I’ve applied for won’t be enough. I know I’m very lucky to get decent unemployment benefits at all (California isn’t bad at taking care of its people in that area). But wow, there’s nothing like waiting all weekend to be investigated by a government department.

5 comments:

  1. I think that outfit alone should get you the job... so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing you will be stressing about it all weekend, try and blank it out of your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best for the interview! I'm sure you'll do well. I wish we had unemployment benefits in Singapore, but that's currently against our government's policy.

    That outfit is so gorgeous! I especially like the polka dot top. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! This outfit is so adorable, and I LOVE that blouse! You'll get the job for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this shirt is SO great. i have become obsessed with any shirt you can slap a peter pan collar onto! you look adorable.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...