Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rose Colored



Top: Cotton On
Skirt: thrifted Banana Republic
Belt: from a vintage dress I bought on eBay years ago and didn’t like
Shoes: Jessica Simpson

I doubt anyone really notices or cares, but I felt like my photos came out so weird today. I don’t know if it was the early morning light or the color of this skirt or if I got slightly sunburned this weekend, but everything looked super red. I learned to adjust levels just now to reduce the redness, and I still feel like these are odd. The red light in the original photos was eerie and kind of apocalyptic.

Anyway, this outfit was based on (1) only having black bras not in the laundry and having to wear a dark shirt as a result and (2) feeling like I should wear this skirt since it’s just been hanging out in my closet forever. I have worn it before several times but not recently. I guess I feel like it attracts too much attention at the office.

11 comments:

  1. It's a really pretty skirt. Soft even with the pleats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is such a great colour & I love the ladylike cut <3
    Your top is really cute too.

    Your photos look great, they don't look apocalyptic at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHH, Apocalyptic Heather!!!

    Hee... just kidding. Actually, you look completely adorable. Before I even read your post, I literally gasped out loud at how cute this outfit is. You look stunning in red! And what can I say? I love polka dots!

    You should try to come sell some stuff over at the Buffalo Exchange close by my place. I went there today with several pairs of shoes, and they took them all! Maybe some day if you want to meet after work- apparently week days are good days to try and sell stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is gorgeous...I love the polka dots and the colour and the length of the skirt. Didn't notice anything too eerie in the pics but I have noticed that certain colours and patterns can do funny things to pics - I have one floral and striped skirt that just turns into some sort of swirly vortexy looking thing when pictured :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute! this red skirt and top look awesome together... and you look adorable here! if i hadn't read the post i wouldn't noticed the photos have a reddish tinge.

    sometimes cameras making fun of us ;) my cam doesn't like purple, it always looks blue in the pics...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a pretty skirt, so what if it attracts attention :)

    Stop by & enter my eShakti Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing! Love the skirt:))
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaah I really like this skirt! It's a great color and it drapes great on you. I'm sad you think it looks weird! hahahah.

    xoxo Mama Wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have no practical bras. and i'm currently obsessed with that shade of coral. obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That red skirt is great! I really love the bright color and the classic shape. It looks great with your dotted top.
    I often have to choose tops based on what bras are not in the wash too so I feel you!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...