Monday, January 7, 2013

Which Came First?


6

7

Sweater: thrifted The Limited
Scarf: J. Crew
Skirt: thrifted and shortened
Tights: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Naturalizer
Lipstick: Revlon Blackberry

I can’t remember if I bought this sweater (from Quality Thrift) before or after I got married to Jasen, but I wore it this past weekend to go out for our seven-year anniversary. It’s one of those pieces I keep thinking about giving away but can’t part with even though I don’t wear it much. I’m glad I’ve held onto it, though, because I like how it looks with this skirt and hadn’t ever thought to put them together before.

Our anniversary was pretty awesome…nothing crazy since we can’t afford to travel, just a couple of our favorite things: food and comedy. We went to the North Woods Inn for dinner and then to a stand-up show at The Laugh Factory in Hollywood, which was surprisingly easy to get to and park at. The lineup included Jeff Garlin and Sebastian, and everyone who performed was great.

The live comedy in L.A. is definitely one of my favorite things about living here. The traffic is horrific and it’s dirty and “fake,” but you can see standup, improv, sketch shows, whatever, very affordably any night of the week. And Southern California also has amazing food; you can basically get any kind of cuisine somewhere.

12

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys had a good one! Oh boy North Woods Inn... I haven't been there in quite a while, but remember their delicious, cheesy bread! At least I think that's the place.

    Much love to you and Jasen... hard to believe it's been seven years! You guys were still newlyweds when we first started to become friends... I'm so glad you guys have each other. It's a special gift that life has to offer: to find such a good person and be able to share your life with them. It's the best thing ever, really! :) Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the colors in this outfit! the pink of the sweater with the print of the skirt and the tights! it's lovely! i have the same problems with la, but that's the best thing about large cities. things to do on the cheap. and food. omg food.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...