Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Jewel Tones


Cardigan: Nordstrom
Tank: Collective Concepts
Skirt: thrifted and shortened
Shoes: Target

I wrote some editorial copy about jewel tones at work this week, and I think that’s what made me want to wear this skirt. I recently had it shortened because the original below-the-knee length just wasn’t doing it for me. It’s partly because the skirt is pretty full...it just seemed so big and billowy before.

I’m sorry I don’t have any Halloween photos to post, but I ended up working overtime on Halloween, and by the time I got home after inching along in L.A. traffic for an hour and a half, there was no point in dressing up. At least I have bat wings and ears to wear next year!


17 comments:

  1. I do love the colors in this outfit! Jewel tones are so pretty. I like the length of this skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been all about the jewel tones lately! and that skirt- total swoon. I love the shorter length. Do you take your clothes to a tailor to get shortened? I am such a shitty seamstress sometimes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skirt! and I completely understand with the length, it happens to me a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did this skirt get shorter since the last time it was on this blog? I can't remember- but I really like the new length of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt is super pretty and you look great in that maroon color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of jewel tones, I think these are lovely. The new length of your skirt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty colors. especially for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good call on the shorter length. i would have done the same thing. below the knee can look so dowdy sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous skirt, I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your jewel tones are so pretty and very autumnal! I'm still so excited about your new job, although I'm sorry you had to miss Halloween :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, sorry you didn't get to dress up for halloween :(
    But I absolutely love this outfit. That skirt is beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm sorry you had to work on halloween. that's bummertown.

    i love jewel colors on you! and i like the new length of the skirt. it's pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. jewel tones are one of my favorite things about dressing for the cooler months :) the color of your cardigan is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the skirt !
    =)
    Such a jewel

    ReplyDelete
  15. all the skirts are wonderful, your blog will be my favourite. :)
    http://vintagefashionartwithgulsen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...