Sunday, November 13, 2011

Texture, Texture



Sweater: thrifted
Skirt: BCBG Max Azria sample sale
Tights: Target
Shoes: ancient Seychelles

My friend Mary invited me to shop at the BCBG holiday sample/warehouse sale in Vernon with her yesterday, and it was CRAZY. It was scheduled to run from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. I arrived at 8:15, but by that time the line to get in was wrapped around the block! We later learned that they allowed the first 200 people in right away but could only allow more people in as others left because of fire safety regulations.

Mary joined me at 8:45 or so because her alarm didn’t go off on time that morning, and we ended up standing in line for four hours. Why did we stick it out? I don’t really have a good answer to that question. However, I ended up with three beautiful BCBG Max Azria skirts for about 90% off the retail price, which means $15 each. And this is one of them.

I was excited to pull my vintage popcorn-stitch sweater out of the closet today to pair with this skirt too. I love the textures together, and this sweater is one of my most prized thrifted finds. The neck was partially ripped when I found it at Goodwill, but I sewed it up and you can’t even tell now (unless you look very, very closely). Wearing it again reminded me how nuts I am for popcorn stitching, and I ended up taking a quick trip down to the Old Town Pasadena H&M in the afternoon to buy two more popcorn-stitch sweaters. They have a deal on selected knits right now where you can buy one sweater and get a second free!

I’m about to Skype with my sister in Australia, so I’ll end this here. Have a good week, everyone!


14 comments:

  1. Love the colour and texture of that skirt it was so worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! I love that skirt xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the double texture here. I've never done the sample sale thing before (we don't have those in Kentucky ;) but it seems like it would either be crazy, or crazy awesome. Three new skirts is pretty rad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow 4 hours?!?! that's commitment. I would have totally bounced after about 10 minutes. That said, the skirt you purchased is a beauty. I really love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's crazy! What a bargain though, the skirt is gorgeous. And I love the jumper too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt is beautiful! I wish I could go to a sale like that. I have one Max Azria dress and it's literally one of my most treasured pieces of clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 4 hours?? that is some serious shopping, lady! the skirt is adorable. i look forward to seeing the others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Texture is right - it looks really approachable and unique.

    Ugh, I know what you mean about waiting in line. And just when you think you're going to bail you talk yourself into staying. Looks like it was totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love that sweater too! The textures look really nice together, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing skirt and such a cute sweater... love it.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE that sweater - the texture is so fun! I don't know if I'd have the patience to wait in line but good to see you got some good stuff after that wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute outfit! Love the skirt! We have quite a bit in common! I have a fashion blog, I'm a Christian and I'm the middle child of 5!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, you have the queen of all popcorn-stitch sweaters! What a beauty! How lucky you were to find it.

    I'd say that skirt was worth the 4 hour wait. It's lovely! You'll create some amazing outfits with it, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've never been to a sale like that. but i lovvveee the textures in this outfit. i want to wear sweaters over everything thanks to you and nicole of cocomaria.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...