Saturday, November 19, 2011

Shades of Brown


Sweater: H&M
Dress: H&M
Tights: Target
Shoes: Nordstrom in the ’90s

This is my favorite kind of outfit to wear on the weekends lately: a dress or skirt that’s loose and kind of short, a pullover sweater and tights. I’m ripping off one of my coworkers with the color scheme here, too, by the way. She was wearing a black and white dress with a kind of orangey-tan cardigan at work yesterday, and it made me want to pair this brownish sweater and rust tights with my bow-print dress.

I love how these clunky shoes are trendy once again. I’m pretty sure I bought them when I was about 13 or 14 for a school dance. I remember wearing them one Christmas Eve when I was a teenager with a sort of rosy, watercolor-print, lingerie-inspired skirt (which I also still have, but dang, that thing looks like it should be underwear!), a long-sleeved berry top, a necklace with a maroon pendant and my hair long and curly with a baby barrette in it. I also remember that I was wearing Pearberry spray from Bath & Body Works. Oh, ’90s memories.



10 comments:

  1. Those colors really work well together. That skirt is the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shoes I had a pair very similar but I wore them to death. You are so lucky to have them still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i adore the skirt and shoes dear, awesome! and you look so lovely :D i love your blog <3

    follow me if you love to, and i’ll follow you back :)

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES. This is absolutely my go to outfit - sweater over a dress and tights. So cute and easy! Also, I have that sweater but have trouble figuring out what colors to pair it with. I love it with the white and red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect outfit.
    perfect tights.
    and 90s fashion is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha. i had nearly identical shoes when i was in junior high. i love maryjanes of all kinds. something so fun and girly about them. i also really love the color of your tights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red and grey! ah, love the colour mix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute!! Love the colors together! And I totally wore Pearberry body spray haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gracious heeeavens...are those little bows?! That is the cutest outfit, looooove the proportions of the sweater/skirt and the colour of your tights. Perfect choice of shoes!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello red tights - oh how I adore you! Gorgeous as always.

    xoxo
    Michelle

    traveling? I'm giving away a leather hot pink passport cover from Austalia.

    http://www.hotpinkcombatboots.com/2011/11/honey-badger-sayssign-up-for-hot-pink.html

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...