Thursday, November 24, 2011

Tropic Thanksgiving


Top: One Clothing
Skirt: BCBG sample sale
Belt: thrifted
Tights: Target
Shoes: Target

It wasn’t hot today and I wore a coat over this, but I think it’s funny that I’m dressed up for Thanksgiving with blooming bird-of-paradise plants and palm trees behind me. I hadn’t worn this top in a long time before today. I found it at Ross four or five years ago and just haven’t been working it into my wardrobe even though I think it’s pretty cool. It seemed appropriate for Thanksgiving for some reason.

And this is the second skirt that I found at the BCBG sample sale. My friend Mary wrote a blog post about that sale if you want to see some photos and hear more about the insanity of it. I love this skirt and can see it becoming a favorite, although I think I might need to alter it...it fits great at the hips but large at the waist, hence the belt. I’m kind of afraid to get it altered, though, in case something goes wrong. The fabric is a somewhat thick ponte knit, and I feel like maybe that will make it harder to alter.




14 comments:

  1. I used to love shopping at Ross. They had the best deals even if the store was a mess most of the time. The skirt looks really cute belted but taking it to a tailor might be worth if you would wear it more often

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that skirt on you - and you're right, the shirt does seem thanksgiving-ish. I wish I could find that merlot color more often - it's getting difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this! The color of the skirt is lovely on you, and I think it looks like it fits you wonderfully as well! I'm sure if you decide to get it altered, though, it'll work out just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love love love your personal style, its fantastic. Simple, chic, love! sorry about that Asos sweater..THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS, were u at least able to get a refund :(

    oh and the color combo of this...TO DIE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dang! I just went to your friend's blog. crazy stuff! Love this skirt. The color and length are so lovely :D I've sort of missed reading through blogs. Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous outfit! I love the romantic skirt!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love everything about this outfit. amazing mix of colours!

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the outfit - and do you actually own 29 skirts?

    http://lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really hit the skirt jackpot at the BCBG sample sale. The color of this one is gorgeous.

    I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything goes very well together, the colors complement you very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun top! I love it. Even though I was reading down and thought it said "One World" and almost died, el oh el.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that skirt was a good find. i've got a couple skirts that i should take in, but i'm terrified to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That skirt really looks great on you. The shape is very flattering! And that top definitely goes well with the color of your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm quite fond of this tropic thanksgiving foliage. thats what thanksgiving needs, some green.

    Sophia
    http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...