Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Tale of Two Sweaters


Sweater: Charlotte Russe
Skirt: thrifted
Tights: Target
Shoes: Jessica Simpson

This is the sweater I wore in my first post on this blog! I’ve had it for at least 10 years, and it’s the sweater that started my popcorn stitch obsession. I’m amazed it’s lasted this long since I bought it at Charlotte Russe, which isn’t exactly known for their quality.

And speaking of quality, I tried to be a cool blogger recently and bought this ASOS sweater that I’d been coveting for months:


Unfortunately I won’t get to wear it because it apparently was stolen off our front porch and it’s no longer available in my size on the ASOS site. ASOS was awesome and issued a refund right away, but I would much rather have the sweater of course! I learned today that I can have personal packages delivered to my company’s corporate office, so from now on you can bet I’ll be doing that instead of hoping the mail carrier gets a signature or at least knocks on the door when he drops off a package.

By the way, my outfit today was inspired by this look that I saw on Christine’s blog FutureLint. Isn’t that a fabulous name for a blog? I love it! 

11 comments:

  1. This outfit is PERFECTION.

    I wish I could buy clothes. I've missed SO many this year. I was just looking at some times now at 50% off and it's like nooooooo.

    That SUCKS about the package. Wtf, people, stealing a sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is beautiful! I'm so sorry to hear about your package... that is really lame! People are so crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this yellow skirt. I've recently become really enamored with popcorn stitching too. But man that is not cool about the package. Who does that sort of thing? It just reminds me what decent people my neighbors are. Hope you can replace it with a similarly awesome sweater soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a sweet sweater. It pairs nicely with your bold skirt. Bummer about the package. I had that happen once. I sent my mom chocolates and flowers and she got the flowers but someone stole the chocolates. Why must people be so lame?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gray on gray, so pretty. I bet the thief won't look half as good in your lovely sweater, so there.

    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    I'm having a giveaway...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i love the grey sweater ... it looks amazing paired with this bright yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I can't believe someone stole your parcel, that is so rude! Super nice of ASOS to give you a refund. Hopefully you'll find an even better sweater than the one you lost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, love love love these sweaters! They are such classic staples, the asos one is a great color. And your thrifted skirt is amazing - what a great find :)

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors that you're wearing and those pointy shoes looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i can't believe someone stole your package! i'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somebody stealing your package is a bunch of crap. People have no manners. Good thing the company gave you a refund!
    I really enjoy the mix of yellow and gray in this outfit. It's very nice! Plus the sweater is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...