Monday, January 2, 2012

On the Bright Side


Top: thrifted
Skirt: thrifted
Bag: American Vintage
Shoes: Jessica Simpson


Today I decided to embrace the weirdly hot weather instead of cursing it and dress like it’s summer. This outfit has put me in a good mood even though I have to go back to work after a long vacation tomorrow. Isn’t it awesome that wearing bright colors can have that effect?

Also, my blog is now a year old! So that makes me happy too. I have some redesign plans in the future (it might not happen for a little while, though), and I’m looking forward to wearing all the new-to-me thrifted finds that I picked up during my Christmas break.


12 comments:

  1. I love your skirt, it's the perfect shape. And happy blog anniversary! I'm a new follower and look forward to your 2012 outfit posts :D

    Cat xxx
    http://www.takecourageblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. your top is way cute. love the pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to go to work tomorrow, I will attempt your bright color theory in case it helps. I have doubts.

    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    I'm having a giveaway...

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAR ONE! And still as stylish as ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blog-o-versary. I love this top, we finally got the cold snap where I live. Even just seeing you dressed this way makes me shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Heather! I just loved your blog! Ddefinitely following you, love all your clothes in this post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nooooooooo more hot weather, I just got back from 19 degree weather and I am DYIN'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogiversary!!!! Also, you look so warm (I'm wearing about 5 layers right now). I love that skirt with the funky print tee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, I'm the worst at dressing season-appropriately, so kudos for embracing the weather! I can't even imagine going tights-less and sweater-less though - Like Kallie, I wore a million layers and a heavy coat today. This outfit is awesome though and makes me kind of want warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look adorable as usual :) Love the red bag with the printed top. Congrats on your blog turning one!! Look forward to seeing your thrifted pieces and new redesign!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like how your red lipstick looks with the cool print on your top. Happy blog anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...