Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thrifted Thursday No. 33


Sweater, skirt, tights and shoes: thrifted

You’d think it’d be easy to find a nice black pencil skirt at the thrift store, but it’s taken me a long time to finally find this one. And it’s not perfect. The shape isn’t pegged, which I would prefer, and it wrinkles easily. However, it’s good enough for now.

These tights are the second of the three Hue pairs I found at Quality Thrift recently. They’re sweater tights with a sort of glen plaid pattern that you can’t really see in this photo because of the low early morning light. They’re soft and comfortable, though...I love Hue tights! I also see them at Nordstrom Rack every time I go there, so that’s another good place to pick them up at a discount.


7 comments:

  1. Whenever I thrift, I find that basics are generally the hardest for me to find. But maybe that's mostly because I'm distracted by unique/weird items? Anyway, those tights are so cool! You look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tights are so cool! I never find tights when I go thrifting. I know what you mean about having a hard time finding basics whilst thrifting too. That's why I lack a lot of basics. Someday I'll invest in some haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so envious of your thrift skills. a simple black pencil skirt is definitely something i do not own. your practical/convertible clothes collection makes me ENVIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find black items difficult to get at thrift/charity shops. Perhaps because they really are classics and people aren't in such a rush to get rid of them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sweater, it's so pretty like a dusty rose or something. I love your hair as well, it's super cute :)I like those tights too, they look a bit like stained glass

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those tights are so cute! They kind of look like a cityscape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny- that's the one thing I can ALWAYS find thrifting, in fact I have like 4 in my closet just because all but one was only a buck, and one was only a quarter. Good finds though, lucky you on those tights!
    http://dusanabotswana.com/2012/01/31/travel-tuesdays-san-sebastian/

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...