Saturday, January 21, 2012

What the Turtleneck?


Turtleneck: thrifted
Skirt: thrifted
Bag: Tignanello
Tights: thrifted
Shoes: Seychelles

I hated turtlenecks when I was a kid. I couldn’t stand the feeling of fabric gripping my neck. I’ve avoided turtlenecks for years, in fact, because I never completely outgrew my aversion to that feeling. But I decided to buy this turtleneck at Quality Thrift the other day because I liked the way it looked on, and it seems to be made of cashmere or some sort of cashmere-like fabric, so it’s not too uncomfortable.

Jasen took these photos of me in an empty alley in Pasadena with murals all along the walls. I had to stand with this crow above my head because I love crows. I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned it on here, but I think they’re really cool. I used to have a fake one perched in the back of my car, looking out the rear window.


9 comments:

  1. I can't get over the turtleneck as a kid thing either. I remember having a hard time getting the things off me. Some people look so nice in them, though! As adults that is! Yours looks nice and comfy and is cute with the pleated skirt.
    Also, cool mural behind you in this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright red pleated skirt and the backdrop for your photos is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love those polka dot tights! i still haven't been able to get over the turtleneck thing. the few that i do own are all stretched out at the neck and ruined because of me pulling on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is stunning & looks amazing with your textured tights!
    I hated turtlenecks as a kid, mum used to make me wear them & they were itchy & horrible but you've inspired me to give them another go - it looks great on you xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love crows too! We don't have them in NZ,at least not down South,but in Australia(where I grew up)they stalk the beaches!!
    This is such a lovely classic look,I'm really into the skirt & tights particulary...love a turtleneck,I'm sure I have one somehwere,must dig it out for Winter!X

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background is SO COOL! I love how punky the tights are with the red pleated skirt, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADORE this outfit...perfect proportions, great colour blocking...and that skirt is just darling! Red is the best, yes?

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...