Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tights and Mermaids




Top: thrifted
Necklace: made by my sister
Shorts: thrifted
Tights: thrifted
Shoes: thrifted

This week my sister, Hillary, returned to the United States from Australia! We only got to spend a short time together before she had to drive up to Berkeley to move into a co-op there for her final semester of college. She’ll be moving back to Australia soon after finishing school, so I’ll have to find a way to visit Berkeley at least once or twice in the next few months.

Hillary and I went thrift shopping yesterday, and I found these unopened Hue tights at Quality Thrift. They had a whole bunch of new Hue tights there for $2.99, so I picked up these along with a polka dot pair and a glen plaid pair. Yes, I finally found unworn tights at the thrift store! I also bought this lace top at QT.

And most important, this necklace is a gift from Hillary that she made from a shell she found on a beach in Australia. She said it reminded her of our favorite Disney movie, The Little Mermaid. Awwwww =) 


13 comments:

  1. That necklace is gorgeous! Ahhhhhh-aaaaaaaaahhhhhh-- beautiful Ariel voice. She should open a Etsy shop too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lace top and I miss you lots already!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tights are a gorgeous colour - what a find! They look great with the shorts and the pretty wee lace top.
    It's so nice that you got to spend time together - you'll have to visit her in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tights with the shorts and your white lace top and white shoes look fantasic together. What a sweet necklace, it must have been great to finally catch up with Hillary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what a thrifting day you had! how fun. i love the shorts with the colorful tights. and how sweet of your sister. it's so fun to have jewelry with a little story behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un-opened hue tights in a thrift store? Awesome. Love this combo the maroon tights go great with the Black & White combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've said it before but I am gonna say it again, you have the best luck at thrift stores! This is a very cute outfit and the tights add such a nice pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Australia! Great tights, I've been looking for a similar pair for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I've yet to find unopened tights at a thrift store, but that will be one exciting day when I do!! Love the color of these ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww. The homemade necklace is so cute! Especially with your pretty lace top. I'm loving the color of your tights too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a really awesome find—especially since those tights are awesome. Love the lace and the handmade necklace. So much love :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. aah you are an amazing thrifter!! & such luck on those tights- I found some unopened ones today but waaaaaaaaay old and didn't turn out right, but luckily only 75 cents. love the color of these & that top and shoes are darling too. so sweet of ur sis to make u a necklace & awesome she lived in Australia.
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...