Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Short and Loose




Sweater: DKNY
Skirt: thrifted
Tights: Target
Shoes: Seychelles

Yeah, I’m taking photos in the hall again. I’ve been trying to leave for work before 7 so I can make it there early enough to work eight hours and go home just before 5, so it’s been too hard to catch the daylight.

This is one of my favorite kinds of outfits to wear in the fall and winter: a cozy sweater, short skirt, tights and flats. It’s so comfortable! I love how tights make it pretty much okay to wear a short skirt. Well, I think so. I considered changing into a longer skirt for the office and then told myself I could just keep my coat on if I felt too weird in this. But when I got there today I saw someone wearing extremely short black shorts with patterned tights underneath, so I didn’t feel inappropriate at all.




12 comments:

  1. I love the grey & maroon combo. And the skirt doesn't look to short to ME, I wear inappropriately short skirts to work all the time though. As long as I can't touch skin with my finger tips I figure I am ok, anything shorter than that I wear leggings or pants under. But quite a few women I work with basically wear leggings as pants to work. At least you aren't doing leggings as pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tights do the ability to make short skirts appropriate for non-corner- workers. You look very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you do it! Getting up like that.

    I always love that sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do believe tights make it okay to wear shorter things. because you're covering up, and even if you do bend over and your butt hangs out, it's mostly covered! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and one of your cute outfits are in todays short hair blog post! http://lovecharlesvintage.blogspot.com/2012/01/short-hair.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Heather!

    This is the best outfit ever. I love your sweater, and paired with this skirt, you've created a genius ensemble. Wearing tights under a skirt ALWAYS negates any "your skirt is too short" comments. Case in point- one of the guys at work commented on how my skirt was too short one day. I wore the same skirt with tights next week and got nary a glance in my direction. Heh. Stupid men ;)

    Ps- I FINALLY figured out my comment problem! Something was wrong with my Privacy>Cookies setting, so I had to stumble around in my preferences. So now I am free to comment on your blog to my heart's delight! Yay!

    I hope you had a wonderful work week! Tomorrow's Friday, hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute, comfy outfit! I've been pretty much wearing a cozy sweater with a skirt or a dress all the time lately. It's just so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this soft and comfy outfit ... yet, i have to leave for work, too. luckily it's not before 7h over here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute houndstooth...and love the loose sweater.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it! The skirt definitely isn't too short with tights. It's a great color and it looks great with the houndstooth print tights.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...