Saturday, July 23, 2011

Blast from the Pastel



Dress: thrifted
Cardigan: Windsor
Socks: Forever 21
Shoes: thrifted
Bag: thrifted

Jasen and I spent this afternoon and early evening walking around Downtown Fullerton in Orange County. While we were there, we discovered the coolest vintage shop, Out of Vogue. In addition to some amazing mid-century furniture and housewares, they had a small collection of tastefully selected clothing. I saw a dress printed with sailboats that I wanted so much and totally would have bought if I were working full-time right now.

I thought what I wore today fit Downtown Fullerton’s retro vibe pretty well. I found this robin’s egg blue dress at Quality Thrift several months ago, and I liked how it looked with my clock socks and bow shoes. The only problem is that the dress is snug in the bust and kept wrinkling up on top, which was REALLY annoying. I’ve learned my lesson and will wear a more minimizing bra with this dress next time.

As Jasen and I were walking back to our car, we stumbled upon one of the Crepes Bonaparte food trucks and decided to buy a Nutella crepe. Crepes Bonaparte is owned by my cousin Danielle and her husband, Christian, so we were excited to finally try one of their crepes! It was delicious, and I think Crepes Bonaparte needs to visit Pasadena =)  


Isn’t their truck cute? Christian and Danielle also recently launched a bratwurst truck called Brats Berlin.





Aaaaand...to add still more text to this loooong post...I ended up buying three vintage items at that estate sale I went to yesterday, but they’re items for babies! Long story short: I thought there would be a lot of women’s clothing at the sale and there wasn’t, but they had tons of dolls, doll clothing and vintage baby clothing. So I thought, “Dang, these clothes are CUTE! Why not add a few baby items to my shop?”

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE this outfit and this post. It's super cool! I'm so jealous you stumbled upon Gaston the crepe truck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby blue is certainly your color!

    xoxo,
    Froso from Style Nirvana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to pastels! The robin's egg blue dress is absolutely stunning (and I am particularly wanting your yellow cardigan). It sounds like quite a fun adventure. I would love the visit the vintage store that you mentioned. And I can't wait to see the three items you purchased from the estate sale! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks as though you had a wonderful time! The sailboat printed dress sounded lovely. I really love the blue dress on you, it's has such a fantastic shape and color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa- Crepes Bonaparte sounds delicious! I could really go for a Nutella crepe right about now. Actually I could always go for a Nutella crepe! Mmm... Sounds like a really fun day! I love your adorable dress and those little clock socks are delightful! Such a cute touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so fun!!! you made it to my hometown of fullerton!! i used to buy all of my used levis and vintage bags at stray cat in high school in the 90s! it's been there forever. out of vogue is a newer addition to downtown, and i LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is so cute! I just love those bow shoes!! It sounds like you have a lovely day, and I must say, that crepe looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're such a skirts and blouse girl; it's nice to see you in a dress! And this one is super cute and a great colour, plus I love the styling with the socks.

    And I wouldn't mind one of those crepes either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love those flats so much.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous dress! this may be a bit off topic of weird, but do you know of a good minimizing bra? i have this problem so frequently with vintage dresses and haven't yet found a good solution. busty girls unite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could steal this whole outfit, haha, it's so darling and lovely! I adore pastels, and that robin's egg blue dress is beautiful on you. The clock socks with the bow shoes is a perfect pairing, too. :)

    I echo Audrey's question in her comment right above mine...do you know of a good minimizing bra? I have the same problem with vintage dresses, even modern dresses sometimes, as well.

    xo
    Maria Elyse
    First Impressions
    Flying Ships Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crepes are delicious. Especially with nutella! I love the pretty pastel colors in your outfit. The clock socks are the cutest things too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, there are so many good things about this post!
    1) the title
    2) your outfit
    3) a crepe truck!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...