Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm



Top: Forever 21
Skirt: thrifted
Belt: thrifted
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Bag: Tignanello

I guess my new outfit formula is printed tank plus belt with a different wild print plus solid pencil skirt. And yeah, this outfit reminds me of Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm, specifically the teenage versions of them, which I realized after I did a Google search and saw that Pebbles appears to only wear pink as a teenager. That’s also how I learned the proper spelling of Bamm-Bamm’s name.

I went thrifting today in search of shoes for myself and clothing for my Etsy shop. I arrived at the first store I had planned to visit not too long after it opened and was rewarded with a pair of vintage ivory low heels with BOWS on the toes for $3.99! I’m embarrassed to admit this, but I kind of teared up a little when I saw them. I’ve been searching for shoes like that for so long! Unfortunately, the insoles needed to be reglued and I don’t even know if they’ll fit. They’re at Zinke’s Shoe Repair on Colorado right now, which charges $5 for regluing. If they don’t work out, I’ll put them in my Etsy shop, but they’re marked size 7 1/2, medium width, so they should be okay.

I also found two more pairs of shoes, one in hot pink and the other in gold. Plus, I found a blouse and skirt for my Etsy shop. I added three more items to my shop yesterday, and I’ll put the two new ones up once I’ve washed the blouse and taken photos. (The skirt is unworn with an original tag attached.)

Sorry this post is so long. I really try hard not to write long blocks of text, but sometimes I can’t help myself.

PS: I recently discovered that Trader Joe’s sells large bottles of mango green tea, and it is delicious. I’m drinking some right now.


12 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Congrats on your awesome shoe find! Fingers crossed that Zinke's will be able to reglue them, but I'm sure they will be fine. :) Please wear them soon!

    I love your patterned tank and belt, with the awesome yellow skirt! And it sounds you got a lot more great finds :) You have such a knack for finding the coolest things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh that mango green tea sounds heavenly.

    Girl, I know how you feel when it comes to finding great deals at amazing prices. Reminds me of when I've been searching forever for a large Dooney and Bourke bag in a navy color and I happened to run into one for only $7.99. I too felt like bawling haha.

    forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I just stumbled across an outfit of yours on chictopia and made my way here. I absolutely adore your style, and am awestruck by how perfect you dress yourself, every piece seeming to fit you just right. There is no way I can't follow you! I'm excited to browse more of your blog and see your future posts as well! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome shade of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for finding the shoes you've been looking for! I'm a size 7 1/2 too. I hardly ever find any thrift shoes in my size. Very cute outfit with the mixed prints and fun yellow skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another perfect outfit! It is a little Pebbles. That cartoon of them as teens is SO BAD.

    We should do a thrifting adventure for your Etsy store one day, it sounds like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This skirt is so amazing. Way to go on the shoe find! It seems like that is always how thrifting goes. I either find NOTHING or manage to score tons of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well your outfit formula is working. This is another fantastic outfit. I love that skirt, the color is so bold and beautiful...get it...the soap opera...yeah ok

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like leo an i like your blog.
    Greetings from germany.
    Ari
    http://ari-sunshine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh love this look & all the patterns and color together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this look! I think it's very J Crew-esque (which is always a plus in my book!) I can't believe your good shoe thrifting luck, but I am happy for you that you were able to find bow shoes! I hope they end up fitting you! Heading over to check out the updates to your shop now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely outfit! Love the yellow skirt :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...