Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Found in Nature


Cardigan: J. Crew Outlet
Skirt: thrifted, Mondele
Belt: thrifted, Mercanté for Nordstrom
Tights: Target
Shoes: Naturalizer

I love wearing blues and greens...these colors feel so peaceful. If I could decorate our home any way I wanted, the palette would consist of olive, turquoise, teal, etc. Today I wanted to wear this blue belt that I thrifted recently, and although, of course, it would pop against yellow or red or a neutral, I really liked the idea of pairing it with this cardigan so it would pick up some of the blue from the print and create a sort of peplum effect. I was afraid the bottom of the cardigan would bunch up too much, but it worked out okay, I think because the skirt has a yoke at the top so the cardigan could more easily lie flat over it. Wow, I just noticed that the front of my hair is doing something weird in this photo and all my photos for today. I was going to try to switch to a different photo after I saw it in this one, but it's inescapable. 

5 comments:

  1. I really like this combination, the blue belt was a perfect choice! I love your tights too, another great pattern-mix :D
    I have this chair that I got at an auction in all the colours you mentioned. It's a round wicker one with a plastic 60s floral cover! With some searching, I bet you could totally redecorate in all those colours for very little money ;)
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Alice says, "Oh my god she has the best style!" ::in a British accent::



    She likes your outfits and I do too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the floral cardigan, and it looks wonderful with the skirt! You look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is so peaceful! and your hair looks just great!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...