Friday, March 11, 2011

Lego Pirate



T-shirt: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: thrifted
Socks: Hue
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Bag: Tignanello, found at Marshalls

I feel like a Lego pirate in this outfit. You know, one of these guys:


My brother Trevor and I used to spend hours, maybe even days, building Lego fortresses, mainly pirate themed and medieval themed since those were the types of sets we had. I often built striped buildings because there were never enough Legos of one color to make a whole structure. One of my favorite combos was blue and yellow, and I also liked to use white and red, barber-pole style. I loved how the striped buildings coordinated with the pirates’ striped shirts.

I know somewhere there’s a photo of Trevor and me with the largest pirate “complex” we ever created, with multiple striped buildings and plenty of sharks, treasure chests, monkeys and parrots. This city for some reason also had an executioner wearing a medieval helmet with excess Lego-person heads lying in a pile next to his chopping block, as well as a “Jesus,” whom we made with white pants, a blue body, a bearded face and a brunette Lego woman’s hair.


1 comment:

  1. bahahaha I was laughing out loud reading this.

    PS: The lego pirate look looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...