Monday, March 28, 2011

Party Dots


Top: Cotton On
Skirt: Eddie Bauer in the ’90s
Belt: thrifted
Tights: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Target
Bag: Tignanello, found at Marshalls

This is what I’m wearing to a birthday party tonight. Something about it seems off, though. Maybe it’s that I’m not used to seeing myself in a wide belt. I’m thinking about rolling the skirt up at the waist, too, and hiding the roll with the belt. Maybe it’s that the skirt looks too long to me. Well, whatever, I’ll make it work somehow because I want to wear all these things together!

I found the tights in the sale section at Urban Outfitters for $4.99 the other day, and I loved them even more after I put them on and saw what the pattern looks like on an actual leg. I sort of got them to replace my light floral tights, which already have a run in them. That really annoys me, but of course I went right back to Urban and bought more flimsy tights that will probably also get a run after only two wearings. They just have the cutest tights there, and I enjoy the little thrill of finding a nice pair tossed into the sale section with a bunch of undesirable ones.




8 comments:

  1. Love the tights! I can't believe they were only $4.99- what a steal! I think this is a wonderful outfit to wear to a birthday party- especially with that colorful belt! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and I think it looks great! Perfect for a party :D The belt really shows of your gorgeous figure, and adds a pop of fun colour. And those tights are amazing, a very suitable replacement for the floral pastel ones! Hopefully they last ;)
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that belt! I really want to find a wide-wide black belt for that Catherine Malandrino Med-Men thing I got at work. If you see one in your travels, you'll have to let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is so pretty =) It gives you such a lovely silhouette, and the belt works so well with it. Your tights are really pretty too!
    http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blouse and the tights are too pretty. You are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt is the perfect length! Love, love, love the look! And thanks for coming to my birthday party!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tights are so gorgeous, love them! What do you do with tights that have a hole, wear them again or throw away?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...