Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Picnic


Dress: thrifted
Top: Urban Outfitters
Necklace: belonged to my grandmother
Shoes: thrifted

The weather has been cloudy here all week — not too cold, just gray. It’s gotten kind of depressing. Today Jasen and I went to a park in Rancho Cucamonga for a picnic with Jasen’s mom, his sister and her boyfriend and my brothers. The sun had come out in Pasadena by the time Jasen and I left for Rancho, but once we got there it was looking gloomy again and the wind was picking up. So our picnic was pretty short and we ended up retreating to my dad’s house, where my brothers live.

I’ve been trying to take weekends off from blogging, but I really felt like posting yesterday and today because both days I got dressed for an event and cared about what I put on. Today I originally was going to wear a new-to-me vintage dress that I found at Quality Thrift, which didn’t work out because I didn’t have a clean slip to wear under it and it’s see-through. Instead I decided I had to work with this blue dress because the color is so Eastery.

I layered the polka-dotted top underneath since it wasn’t very warm out and added this pearl necklace that belonged to my mom’s mother. I should have gotten a close-up of it...I’ll have to do that the next time I wear it. My mom recently sent it to me because I had mentioned how hard it is to find a single-strand pearl necklace that isn’t so short it looks like a choker or so long it falls between my boobs, à la Thoroughly Modern Millie’s opening scene. This necklace is perfect! My grandma did have excellent, elegant taste, though, so I knew it would be.

Well, this is getting long. I think I’ll stop now and watch The Walking Dead with Jasen. We just got the first disc of the series from Netflix after reading everything through volume 13 of the comic series. I’m really curious to see how AMC adapted it.


10 comments:

  1. You look very pretty here!

    Monique xx

    misszuman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect Easter outfit! I still think we should get that one GIANT pearl necklace and hack it up so you can be Betty Rubble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is a perfect Easter outfit :) And you are right, that necklace is a perfect length.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog, loving your Easter outfit

    Sleekit x

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the layering of the dress over the top!

    I hate it when a day seems sunny and gorgeous and then turns chilly :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous dress! perfect for easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You pull off colors better than anyone I know. I love the pastel blue, and the sleeves peeking out from under the dress are just too good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty dress, what lovely colours! Love the red shoes as well :).

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...