Monday, April 4, 2011

Horizontal, Vertical



Top: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: thrifted, Moda International
Shoes: Target
Bag: Tignanello, found at Marshalls
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters

Today was another summery day in Southern California, so I wore my white skirt. I like how the striped top creates a sort of nautical vibe with this pleated skirt, but since the top is green and white rather than navy and white, it’s a little more subtle. I think this is my favorite silhouette: a fitted, puffed-sleeve top with a full skirt. I love pencil skirts, too, but I feel most comfortable in this combination.

Over the weekend I was lazy outfit-wise and just wore jeans and sweaters. It was a great weekend, though. On Saturday Jasen and I went to Fry’s Home Electronics so I could get an external hard drive to back up my blog files and a webcam so I could talk to my sister in Australia on Skype. Yay! I had never been to Fry’s, and I couldn’t believe how awesome it was. They have EVERYTHING. It’s like the Home Depot of computer stores. I’m sure plenty of you have been there and I’m way behind the times, but yeah, it rocked. After that we went to downtown Burbank and walked around and had yogurt at Yogurtland.

On Sunday my brother Trevor and I had dinner at King Taco and went to the free improv show at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre. Did anyone ever watch the UCB show that used to be on Comedy Central? I’ve been a fan of their group since then, and I’ve probably gone to their local L.A. theatre 20 times now. I once had a dream that Matt Besser asked me to write a pilot script for a new comedy with him. 

5 comments:

  1. I've never been to Fry's, that sounds awesome!

    Love this look, it's SO chic and cool. It's like "Breakfast at Heather's."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so summery. I love the skirt and striped top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled across your blog, and I just had to tell you that I love your style! And your haircut is so adorable -- it suits you well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. goodness I love His and Her Circumstances. I just wish that they finished the anime. The manga series was amazing.
    goodness God blessed you with a figure. no fair! You look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! The simplicity of it is darling! You should be walking the boardwalk with an ice cream:) makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...