Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thrifted Thursday No. 2



Top: thrifted
Skirt: thrifted
Belt: thrifted
Shoes: thrifted
Bag: thrifted

I’m so excited that I found something with a heart print at a thrift store! Goodwill, to be exact. The skirt I’m wearing is a J. Crew one that I bought at Quality Thrift many years ago, and now that I think about it, my belt, shoes and bag are also all from Quality Thrift.

I guess that’s one of the biggest “secrets” to thrifting: finding some out-of-the-way place that you can rely on at least 75 to 80 percent of the time. And I guess I shouldn’t talk about my special thrift store on here, but what the hell. Quality Thrift is awesome.

Goodwills in general aren’t bad either, but some are certainly better than others and none of the Goodwills I’ve visited has been a good source of dresses. I have never found a dress at Goodwill that I could just buy and wear...but I will admit that if you can sew, Goodwill might be more useful to you because they have a lot of dresses made from interesting and pretty fabrics that could be restyled.

Which brings me to why I mostly wear skirts — for me, they’ve been much easier to find in thrift stores than dresses. Actually, there are several reasons that I wear skirts a lot, so I’m thinking about writing a post about those reasons. For now I’ll just say that it seems like skirts in good condition show up in thrift stores in abundance.


7 comments:

  1. I love thrift stores, but I know what you mean about it being difficult to find well-fitting dresses!
    That skirt fits you so well, and it looks great with that sweet top :D
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute look! I really love the skirt, such a flattering fit on you! Lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute outfit! I just found your blog. You have great style :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so totally true. I personally find Goodwill to be really awesome for sweaters and skirts and jeans. Just because they get SO many. Where as non-profit run thrift shops usually get more nicer vintage shoes and bags and things.

    The heart print is so cute! And the belt :) I love thrifted belts. So much cheaper than buying them new--when they're basically the same thing anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the colors on this outfit. And it looks really good put together with the white belt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thing you have a maniquin's figure! :P
    I absolutely adore this look!! <3

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...